Top 12 Sustainably Smart Tips!
1. Turn your lights off when you’re away from the office and before you leave at the end of the day.
2. If you notice a leak, report it to Property Management as soon as possible!
3. Only run your dishwasher when it is full.
4. Promote the purchase of Energy Star appliances.
5. Power down your computer and monitor at the end of the day, before leaving the office.
6. Change your computers settings to “Power Saver” to reduce energy use throughout the day.
7. Create a paperless workspace by saving files electronically.
8. When practical, take advantage of natural lighting and solar powered electronics.
9. Create a central location for staff to throw discarded paper, and reuse it as scratch paper.
10. Shred & re-use old paper as packing material.
11. Set your photocopiers and printers to print on both sides by default.
12. Instead of using disposable coffee cups, keep a re-usable mug in your breakroom.